Sunday, November 1, 2009

skweeee! A lot of seeds!

So following a tip off (thanks!) after my comments about veg-seed in Tas I went to this blog... http://nonsuchkitchengardens.com/wordpress/ (which is very worth reading especially if you're into plants or kitchens) and followed the link to http://www.thelostseed.com.au/index.htm
Sigh. I could order the entire catalogue :-) They have Scorzonera (I have wanted forever). Radicchio! Collards (never tasted -I was only just talking to o'mike about them theis morning)Melons I have never even heard of (and melon with my salami or proscuitto is just magnificent). New Zealand Yams, Purple Dragon carrots, and white Belgian carrots... The only thing that dread is just how much money I could spend on this catalogue, without even trying. Sigh - here I could buy roma, I think 3-4 varieties of red salad tomato (determinate and indeterminate), coctail red (jam) a coctail yellow pear. And that's IT. Forget black or large yellow or... I counted 101 varieties! help Advice?;-)

The only disappointment was the luffa... (I assumed it was a logga, and stirred its coffee with its thumb) tch. Loofa! Luffa humph. and everyone knows they are mined from loofite in the midwest.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I'm glad that the technical definition of any plant that survives and prospers when I lavish care and attention on it is "weed." That said, I have many friends that share your addiction to nurseries and seed catalogues. There is no cure.

    ReplyDelete