Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mushrooms

I mad a delicious omelette this evening - more so than usual because I found a couple of lovely field mushrooms, and it's been quite a while since we last had a mushroom. (Food in its season, unless it is preserved or frozen has one interesting effect -quite ordinary gets to be very special) So I did a mushroom, Wallaby and spring onion filling, with a dab of oyster sauce, and if they turn into the wrong mushrooms, at least they were pretty good. I have a mushroom growing kit, (which I was saving for winter) but it needs 17C - so it will have to wait.

My friend Peter came out today to collect some wallaby and his missing gumboots - and put a new quick-connect on the hookah, so hopefully I won't have it come off again - possibly in some place I can't get out of quickly.

Other than that I had 3 brown quail in the garden, and the pheasant out past the woodpile is chasing two hens around. And I wrote some more words...

No comments:

Post a Comment