Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snot

Oddly enough snotty colds are just as miserable in Tasmania, on Flinders Island as anywhere else. Of course, being male I am entitled to make noises like I am dying about it. Actually I find colds (or being sick) irritating as hell, besides being miserable for all the normal reasons and am no good at the common sense of lie down and get better. But i can grumble with the very best. B inevitably gets them after I do and is much more sensible than I am (another huge surprise to all of you, I am sure). Pharamacy SA-style is another thing Flinders doesn't have although Walkers (supermarket) carries some stock of usual sort of stuff.

This is all very frustrating because not only has the weather been warm and still - perfect for diving - but I have a ton of writing work to do, and a distinct lack of good writing ability available. It does require quite clear thought.

Trip to the local doc (not for cold, but for a script for asthma inhalor) was mistimed. Her day off, and as this is routine chronic stuff we'll try tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sucks! Sorry Dr Monkey-Coconut-Dude! I hate colds, but I am more manly than you are regarding them. I just scrunch my floppy ears back (nasty being a basset when the snot is flying...droolish-snot everywhere) and 'man up'. I NEVER complain. Really. I. Would. Not. Lie (or exaggerate at all). So noble, I am. In fact, when in the midst of H1N1, with three broken legs, a fractured ear and double blindness, I safely landed a 747 jumbo jet to wild applause from all. Honest. Not a single complaint from me or about me. And I wasn't even on the flight!!! Sigh, so noble!
    Get well Doc Monkey! Remember, wind + cold water + immersion = SNOT!
    basset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hey... A quick un-related question for you. Is it possible to download a single lump sum of Save the Dragons? I hate reading it in instalments so I bravely resisted the urge after my beastie contribution (believe me, it was hard to do so too!) in the hope of being able to get a lump download ala webscriptions style. Should I go bug Walt about this?
    Just asking, maybe a 'download the complete Magnus Opus' button with a format choice (rtf, html, mobi etc...). Whadda-ya mean I'm a pushy, obnoxious American? Hey! Put that snot covered coconut down. In fact, I don't think that's a coconut at all, looks like a Wallaby! A mad, snotty Wallaby. I'm out of here! Bye!
    basset

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save the Dragons - francis is going to e-book it, free to all those who paid in to the book - otherwise at IIRC $6. Otherwise I can send it to you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, no worry. I wuz wondering if that was gonna be an option. Odds are I'll just buy the 6 buck version anyway.
    I really hate reading in installments, I need instant, total gratification. The me generation!

    basset

    ReplyDelete