Sunday, August 7, 2011

A hard rain...

And the rain rain rain came down down down...

I was thinking this morning as it was sheeting down: I got two humans, two dog... and three cats. So which cat is there no room for on the ark? And none of those critters are going to breed any more, so it was just as well I couldn't get council permission to build an ark.

And then the roof decided to leak to distract my mind from such idle thoughts and it was lugging bowls about.

It was that sort of rain.

Serve me right for watering the veggies last night.

In other news it appears we might a Filk singer come over here to stay (with her harp, about which I am less certain. How do cats feel about harps?) If you want to know what the filk filk is besides as this program thinks, a spelling error, you have been deprived. To quote Weird Al Yankovic:
"I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated
Soda S-O-D-A soda
I saw the little runt sitting there on a log
I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said:
'Yoda Y-O-D-A Yoda Yo yo yo yo Yoda'" - sung to the tune of Kinks 'Lola'.

It's a science fiction fandom thing, and can be very funny... and less so.
I do wonder how it would go down on the Island!

5 comments:

  1. How well flik goes down will depend upon the number of folks who have read (or seen) the books and movies the flik is based on.

    Even at con flik doesn't always go down well. I've seen half a room full of fans with blank looks on their faces while the other half is smiling and laughing.

    As for roof leaks - at least you don't have to convince a condo board that your roof IS leaking and get them to agree to having it fixed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you want to know what the filk filk is besides as this program thinks, a spelling error, you have been depraved."

    I fixed that spelling error for you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Never post before ingesting sufficient caffeine to start brain cells functioning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been depraved. I ate a meat pie once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But did you eat your meat pie upside down in a bowl of thick pea soup with a dash of tomato sauce?

    ReplyDelete