Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Started the bacon

Well, it's raining and blowing snot again, I should have seized good weather while I could. I've put the bacon in to cure, so in a week we'll have contrive a fly-safe way of air-drying. I don't think I'm going to smoke this lot. I made a cake (for the CWA for B and the soup and sandwiches thing), our batch of rolls for the next week, our supply of anzacs for the next couple of weeks. We save a fortune by not buying bread and by making bikkies (cookies, Americans, cookies). And I have some idea what goes into them as a result, but it does take time. Very constructive, and at the rate publishing pays, wise to save every last cent. And I kicked my own tail end for not going to cut wood yesterday. We're getting low, and will need one more load to see us out of winter I reckon. It's not been a very constructive writing day, but I did re-read half of PYRAMID SCHEME to start noodling the final book in that series.

6 comments:

  1. Baking and Cooking are very satisfying, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...to start noodling the final book in that series.

    Kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be adding another pantheon to the story? If so, Will you tell us which one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danneely, yes, but the question is premature :-). ie. Eric and I are still arguing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Hindu. There's lots of good Hindu gods and people know at least some of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. Hindu seems a reasonable idea beyond that I think you're down to people only recognizing Coyote from the Native American pantheon.

    ReplyDelete