Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Spring in the air, Dave!"

says the vicar to the yokel, as he takes a deep breath of the moderate gale.
Dave (leaning on his fork and cursing the wind) "Spring the air yerself, vicar!"

We really are having yuck spring weather. I need to get into the water and it's been windy to horrid (yes, I go all solid if I don't get wet in salt water frequently enough. A shower is no substitute.)

Anyway, I wrote today, avoided frogs, and did my duty by some weeding. Another wildly exciting day. I roasted the hind half of a small wallaby whole for our dinner basting it generously with olive oil and thyme. I then sliced it off the bone and into tacos filled with fresh lettuce and tomato and chili, and added some fresh green sauce. It was fit for kings, or even really important folk.

Dancing got cancelled tonight, so my hips get a rest.

4 comments:

  1. How do you manage to write when you don't seem to sit still? :) Your dinners always make my mouth water. Especially knowing most of it is home grown or caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Get up very early. Sleep little, work late. And still wrestle with guilt about not doing enough. And, er, don't read many blogs (embarrassed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you. Good point about the blog reading. I shall cut that out at once! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I probably should from the work point of view

    ReplyDelete