Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The travelling frog


See... it's been marking time through winter. But my first bell pepper is going red.

I had to go into town today, and in my usual fashion I got involved in writing, was running late, ran out, grabbed shoes from next to the door, and grabbed the bits I needed, and trundled into the great city (Whitemark. pop 170 I think) and into the Doctors to pick up a script. This is Flinders so there are a couple of folk you know in and yakitty-yak. I've got a stone in my shoe, so I arch my foot up. Off to Bill's to drop in some fennel and some olive oil. Must take this stone out of my shoe. Arch foot. Into the PO to get post and to send off a postal order for my seeds. Dratted stone! Read post, drive to pick up chicken food, park a bit far off and having crossed the road, the stone is really annoying. So I stand on one leg and pull the elastic-sided boot off... tip it upside down... and a very unhappy little frog jumps out and looks at me reproachfully. So I put him in the bushes.

He's writing a very harsh letter to the ministry of frogs.

7 comments:

  1. That made me laugh! At least he escaped alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor frog, you made him walk all the way back home? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The least you could have done was give him a lift home !! At least he could look at you reproachfully, there could have been worse options

    Made me laugh so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was very alive, and quite put out! Mind you as I was standing on one leg he could tell me to 'hop it'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, he'd already gone that far on foot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Tania, I could have had dirty socks on...

    ReplyDelete