Thursday, March 28, 2013

one a penny...

My day started quite early this morning, as I'd agreed to make 70 little hot cross buns for the Anglican church this morning. To have in Whitemark by 9.45...or 10 at the latest. Unfortunately it turned into one of those nights where the elements of plot I had fermenting in my head started to come together - not moment too soon for the story I am due to give Baen for the teaser to BURDENS OF THE DEAD. So sleep had been scarce anyway. But I did have their buns there hot enought to still juggle if you dropped them, in the rain at 10 on the nose. Then I forgot to pick up the Island News, did some shopping, and came home minced 4kg of wallaby forthe dogs, filleted and minced 2kg of wrasse for the cats, took the debris to the tip, put some beets into the dryer and... tried to work. Brain like cheese (Swiss), full of imported holes (they buy the hole in bulk from Kimberly). So I cooked our tea, flathead and chips, hoping fish would be brain food and take me into a productive evening... only I forgotten that it is Barbs's Scottish dancing tonight.
Maybe tomorrow will be better...

No comments:

Post a Comment