Tuesday, October 4, 2011

sleepless on Flinders...

It was one of those interrupted nights last night. We were due to meet our Filk Harpist at 1.30 AM - so we went to bed early... inevitably we had two phone calls. One to tell the ferry was running a half hour late, the other at 11.30 from our son in South Africa to say his marriage certificate had finally arrived - opened and tampered with (I keep saying nice about Australia Post. Now you know why) but at least it arrived. My kids can call at any time for any reason. I never want to discourage them. They're much more important than sleep... but it did add to a patchy night. Then we drove down and waited for the car to be offloaded, and by the time I got to bed it was 4 AM. Barbs needed to get up for work at seven thirty...

I took Ann up to West End and I snorkle-dived for Abalone. My sinuses whinged at the 4-5 metre drop but I did get a couple (not pushing too hard), and catch and shot a fish or two, which did me good, if it did less for the fish. B took her up to Walkers Lookout this afternoon, so I could do some work - because inevitably the edits for Cuttlefish have come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment