Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Flinders wind

No one escapes the wind on Flinders (I paraphrase, because I'm too lazy to get up and look) - Nicholas Shakespeare. And indeed, the westerly is howling out there, and probably will for the week, if the weather forecast is to be believed. We have the better part of a moat, and I am fitting the chooks with life-jackets. I think seafood will be scanty over the next while. It's a good thing we've got quite a bit in the freezer, and that our diet has shifted to more meat. I need to work on the roof of the little house - but in this wind that would be difficult. We also need to cut firewood. But in the boggyness there is a limit to where we can drive our blue slug. So not a lot of either got done. Bad me. Well, the wind blows us clean air, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment